At Cambridge Primary Education Trust (CPET), we understand the importance of a well-rounded, fulfilling curriculum to prepare our pupils for the next stage of education, and for their future as citizens of the UK.
Through our curriculum, we aim to:
• Ensure that all pupils have the opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge that create interested and lifelong learners.
• Ensure that our curriculum underpins and is central to our schools work and embedded practice.
• Provide exciting, flexible, enjoyable and engaging learning experiences for all pupils whilst fully implementing the National Curriculum.
• Enable depth of coverage and effective sequencing in order to build progression of skills.
• Ensure that all children make good progress.
• Actively seek and plan for creative links between subjects.
• Plan for opportunities to write for real and experienced purposes across the curriculum.
The National Curriculum sets out what children should be taught. The national curriculum, released in 2014, programmes of study set out what pupils should be taught by the end of each key stage and in each of the subject area.
Children in their Nursery and Reception years follow the Early Years Foundation Stage. www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-foundation-stage-framework–2
The teaching of Religious Education is statutory in all schools. It is taught as a subject outside the National Curriculum. At Hatton Park Primary School, we follow the Cambridgeshire Agreed Syllabus 2018.
Our curriculum is planned for each phase in school and the overview of this learning can be found at the bottom of this page. We plan our learning based around a topic and try to make cross-curricular links where possible. There are however times when subjects are stand alone and are delivered to run parallel to our topic learning. Each subject area has a clear progression of skills and learning builds on prior learning and provides children with the knowledge and skills ready for the next step of the learning journey. Working as part of the Cambridge Primary Education Trust, we plan collaboratively across the five schools, drawing on expertise across the trust to enhance the planned learning for our children.
At Hatton Park Primary School, we are looking to create opportunities for children to experience and master a range of activities that enhance and extend the National Curriculum. Children have opportunities both inside and outside the classroom to enhance in school learning. Each year, the children access a range of trips, visitors and other thematic experiences to enrich their time here.
If you wish to have any more information about the school curriculum please speak to your child's class teacher or refer to the termly curriculum maps available here on the school website.