Hatton Park is very pleased to have achieved the Silver accreditation for our efforts in encouraging the children and their families to walk, scoot or cycle to school, rather than drive. We are currently working towards our Gold award. Our recent initiatives include:
- increasing our scooter storage,
- getting the wider village involved by promoting our efforts in the Longstanton Life,
- campaigning for a speed reduction in the surrounding area
- encouraging the installation of a zebra crossing near to the school.
- The School Council creating walking zones.
Please do support us by walking, scooting and cycling to school as much as possible. The road leading to our school, Hatton’s Park, is a narrow cul-de-sac and is best avoided. Why not park further away and walk the rest?