Overview of Learning
We aim to provide a broad and balanced education for the children through the teaching of the curriculum. Statutory requirements and the needs of individuals are taken into account. The curriculum is taught in a variety of ways, reflecting the needs of different curriculum areas and of the children themselves at their different stages of development.
We aim to:
- ensure that all children have the opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge that create active, interested and lifelong learners.
- provide a knowledge-rich curriculum for our children.
- provide a variety of exciting, flexible, enjoyable and engaging learning experiences for all children whilst fully implementing the National Curriculum.
- enable depth of coverage and effective sequencing in order to build progression of skills.
- ensure that all children make at least good progress.
- actively seek and plan for creative links between subjects to further understanding.
- plan for opportunities to write for real and experienced purposes across the curriculum.
Please see our age-phase pages for more detail and information on our curriculum.